1) In 1997, Bill Murray got into a physical altercation with Chevy Chase minutes before Chevy delivered his opening monologue as the SNL guest host.
2) George Carlin was the first host in SNL history 37 years ago.
3) Cypress Hill was banned from the show for smoking weed during their live performance.
4) Bob Odenkirk (aka Saul Goodman from “Breaking Bad”) created Chris Farley’s motivational speaker character Matt Foley.
5) In 1975 SNL made a parody commercial about a 3-bladed razor. Twenty-three years later the Gillette Mach3 debuted.
6) Larry David once quit the show because his sketches weren’t being used, only to return the next morning as though nothing happened.
7) Adam Sandler and Chris Farley were both fired.
8) Lorne Michaels once offered The Beatles $3,000 to reunite on the show. John and Paul were watching and considered hopping in a cab from The Dakota building* on 72nd St, but were “too tired.”
9) Johnny Knoxville turned down an opportunity to join the cast in 1995. Five years prior to “Jackass”.
10) Steve Carell and his wife Nancy Walls both auditioned for the show in 1995. Nancy made it. Carell was beat out by Will Ferrell.