1) Jack Ruby aiming his gun at an unsuspecting Lee Harvey Oswald on 11/24/1963, 11:21 a.m. He would die a few hours later. This photo is just a moment before the famous photo of Oswald after being hit and no one has reacted to Ruby yet.
2) Patrick Swayze shortly before dying from pancreatic cancer on September 14, 2009.
3) Martin Luther King, Jr. talks with the media Thursday April 4, 1968. He would be assassinated that evening at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee.
4) Christopher McCandless, who had the story “Into the Wild” written after him. The sign he is holding up says “I have had a happy life and thank the lord. Goodbye and may god bless all!” He died of starvation only a few days later.
5) Babe Ruth being honored at Yankee Stadium on June 13, 1948. He would die a month later of cancer.
6) This photo of Chris Benoit was taken on a cell phone in Dr. Phil Astin’s office on June 22, 2007. His wife was already dead at the time this was taken. He would kill his son and himself shortly afterwards.
7) Amelia Earhart posed for photos in 1937 before taking her final flight.
8) Anne Frank as she stands with her sister Margot in 1942. They would be discovered and captured on August 4th, 1944.
9) Biggie Smalls with Sean Combs at the Soul Train Music Awards. He would be killed following the event.
10) Chris Farley was hanging on to life after a cocaine and morphine overdose. Heidi, a prostitute, was with him when he collapsed in his apartment. He asked “Don’t leave me.” She took this photo and left.
11) Princess Diana is in the back of the car looking back at the paparazzi. Seconds after this picture was taken, the Mercedes she was in crashed on the Pont de l’Alma road in Paris, killing Diana, her partner Dodi Fayed, and the driver, Henri Paul.
12) John Wayne Gacy being visited by his sister in prison just before his execution.
13) Heath Ledger shortly before overdosing on pain killers in January, 2008.
14) This photo of Adolf Hitler was taken approximately two days prior to his death. He was standing outside of his Berlin bunker, surveying the damage.
15) Joan Rivers on August 27, 2014. She would go into cardiac arrest later that night.
16) This picture of Abraham Lincoln before his assassination in 1865. It was found in General Ulysses S. Grant’s photo album.
17) Jim Morrison and his girlfriend, Pamel Courson, pose for a picture in Saint-Leud’Esserent. He would be found dead five days later.
18) Apple CEO Steve Jobs, 40 days before he died of pancreatic cancer in 2011.
19) Robert Kennedy just seconds after he is shot. The second image is the final known picture as he is loaded into the ambulance.
20) Sharon Tate in the backyard of her home with her friend, Jay Sebring, August 1969. They would both be brutally killed, along with the person who took the photo and 2 others, on August 9th by the Manson Family. She was two weeks from giving birth.
21) Tupac Shakur sits with Suge Knight moments before he was shot to death in a drive-by.
22) Amy Winehouse’s walking near her home in North London a week before her death on July 23, 2011.
23) Keith Moon from The Who with his girlfriend on September 7, 1978. He died of a drug overdose later that night.
24) Steve Irwin poses with marine biologist Chris Jones on his boat two days before his death in 2006.
25) Richard Pryor poses with Eddie Griffin shortly before his death on December 10, 2005.
26) Robin Williams’ final Instagram